Excellent controls!

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:08 AM
I've been using them for a call center dashboard.

The only issue is the Radial gauge tends to flicker when updating every 2-3 seconds (values change).

I would suggest also a history chart (like trending), and more options for the Radialgauge -- shorter & wider, i.e. max is 180 degree sweep for widescreen displays nowadays.
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2009 at 4:21 AM
The gauge uses double-buffering to eliminate flickering (you can see from the sample application that the gauge does not flicker, even with millisecond updates).
However, double buffering is turned off when using a transparent background. User controls cannot have both double-buffering and transparency enabled - so I would suggest not using transparent backgrounds and that should stop the flickering.
Alternatively, you could use the Freeze class, but I do not know how effective it would be for something like this.
Mar 4, 2009 at 8:59 AM
Thanks. Found a single label that was using transparency. The flickering is negligible now -- probably 1 in a 1000 updates.

I'll get a screen shot and show you what we've done with your gauges.
Mar 6, 2009 at 2:59 AM
BTW, the cylinder gauges tend to disappear. Not sure what's the cause. The gauges are updated every 3 seconds, i.e. talking agents, busy agents, ready agents. during the update, sometimes the graphics vanish.